Sunday, January 17, 2010



Genesis 48 - 50

All these are the tribes of Israel, the twelve tribes. And this is what their father said to them as he blessed them, blessing each one with his own special farewell blessing. Genesis 49:28 THE MESSAGE


I thought of many things when I read the entire Scripture reading for today; but one sticks out in my mind. Jacob was aware that he was near death and took time to bless each one of his sons with their own personal message. My father struggled with multiple myeloma and when he came near to his own death, he made sure to give me his personal message and blessing. Not only did he give it to me, he also prayed and gave one to my only child at the time, my son, Terren, who was only six months old.

I am thankful and grateful for this special memory. I can thankfully say that both my parents affirmed me often as I grew. I am often overcome with overwhelming emotion at God's goodness to me and my family over the years. I sometimes cannot comprehend His grace and mercy.

Jacob's sons continued to carry out his instructions to the letter. Genesis 50:12 THE MESSAGE


May I continue, Lord, to carry out the instructions and blessing of my father.



--michele



No comments:

Post a Comment