Friday, January 22, 2010


Exodus 13 - 15

Then I'll make Pharaoh's heart stubborn again and he'll chase after them. And I'll use Pharaoh and his army to put my Glory on display. Then the Egyptians will realize that I am GOD." And that's what happened. Exodus 14:3-4 THE MESSAGE


I wonder, don't you think the Israelites also needed to know that He is GOD? From the Scripture it appears that they also needed the reminder.

Moses spoke to the people: "Don't be afraid. Stand firm and watch GOD do his work of salvation for you today. Take a good look at the Egyptians today for you're never going to see them again. GOD will fight the battle for you. And you? You keep your mouths shut!"Exodus 14:13-14 THE MESSAGE

The Israelites were very afraid. What were the directions given them? To stand firm quietly and watch God fight the battle.

Sing to GOD — what a victory! He pitched horse and rider into the sea! Exodus 15:21 THE MESSAGE

Can you imagine the excitement? I think I would have been shouting, "Did you see that! Unbelievable! Wow, God is amazing!" and wonder why I was afraid in the first place.

Go out with joy and be led forth with peace this very day!

--michele

No comments:

Post a Comment