Monday, January 11, 2010

Genesis 32 - 34

And then Jacob prayed, "God of my father Abraham, God of my father Isaac, GOD who told me, 'Go back to your parents' homeland and I'll treat you well.' I don't deserve all the love and loyalty you've shown me. When I left here and crossed the Jordan I only had the clothes on my back, and now look at me — two camps! Save me, please, from the violence of my brother, my angry brother! I'm afraid he'll come and attack us all, me, the mothers and the children. You yourself said, 'I will treat you well; I'll make your descendants like the sands of the sea, far too many to count.'" Genesis 32:9-12 THE MESSAGE

Although Jacob was afraid to go back and face Esau, he continued to pray and rely on what he knew God had promised. Even as he got closer to home, he was still fearful. Jacob received a response that he wasn't expecting: He led the way and, as he approached his brother, bowed seven times, honoring his brother. But Esau ran up and embraced him, held him tight and kissed him. And they both wept. Genesis 33:3-4 THE MESSAGE

Lord, thank you for love demonstrated to us in that you receive us graciously and not with what we often deserve. You're a great merciful God!

--michele

No comments:

Post a Comment