Monday, January 25, 2010

Exodus 22 - 24

Now get yourselves ready. I'm sending my Angel ahead of you to guard you in your travels, to lead you to the place that I've prepared. Pay close attention to him. Obey him. Don't go against him. He won't put up with your rebellions because he's acting on my authority. But if you obey him and do everything I tell you, I'll be an enemy to your enemies, I'll fight those who fight you. Exodus 23: 20-24 The Message


I am not currently on a physical journey; but certainly feel that I am traveling on a spiritual journey to an unknown place. Over the last three months, feeling led to get ready, to a place that the Lord has prepared or is preparing. I need to pay close attention to Him and obey.

I was reminded of John 14: 15-21 NIV: "If you love me, you will obey what I command. And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Counselor to be with you forever— the Spirit of truth. The world cannot accept him, because it neither sees him nor knows him. But you know him, for he lives with you and will be in you. I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you. Before long, the world will not see me anymore, but you will see me. Because I live, you also will live. On that day you will realize that I am in my Father, and you are in me, and I am in you. Whoever has my commands and obeys them, he is the one who loves me. He who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love him and show myself to him."

From Exodus and John, it talks about if we obey then the Lord will . . ."fight those that fight you" and "show himself to him."

I am not sure where I am in this journey but I do desire for the Lord to show Himself. I am expectant and hopeful. This last week the road has been rough. I want to walk on but have found my pace is a little slower and that I am tiring.

Lord, help me to continue on and You fight the enemy that desires to get me off course and keep me from seeing You.

--michele

No comments:

Post a Comment