Thursday, January 28, 2010

Exodus 30 - 32

'Above all, keep my Sabbaths, the sign between me and you, generation after generation, to keep the knowledge alive that I am the GOD who makes you holy.' Exodus 31:13-14 THE MESSAGE

There are six days for work but the seventh day is Sabbath, pure rest, holy to GOD. Exodus 31:15 THE MESSAGE


At this stage of life I'm currently in, I often find myself frazzled. Having three teenagers involved in band, choir and committed to their youth group and Bible study, has me running almost every night of the week. Whew! I get tired when I dwell upon it. I think God knew what He was doing when He directed us to a day of rest.

For the Jewish community, the Sabbath started at sundown on Friday evening. I think we often equate our Sabbath as Sunday. I know for many that Sunday is often busy or busier because of the additional activities that can often occur at our church campuses.

I think we need to stop and give pause and think about the Lord's command. I know for me personally that I need a day to stop, rest and regroup. Almost every Sunday after worship and lunch, I take a much needed nap. I have been doing so as far back as I can remember. I need it and need the Lord to renew my strength. I think He gave us that command for a reason.

Lord, thank You for Your Word. Help me to remember to rest, to be still and know that You are God.

--michele

No comments:

Post a Comment