Wednesday, February 17, 2010

The Whole Community was in an Uproar

Numbers 14 - 15

The whole community was in an uproar, wailing all night long. All the People of Israel grumbled against Moses and Aaron. The entire community was in on it: "Why didn't we die in Egypt? Or in this wilderness? Why has GOD brought us to this country to kill us? Our wives and children are about to become plunder. Why don't we just head back to Egypt? And right now!" Numbers 14:1-3 THE MESSAGE

The Israelites memories are so very short. In today's society of instant information and so much technology, I feel our memories are very, very short. We expect change to happen as quickly as hitting "enter" on our keyboards. The Israelites should have had the mindset that since God had helped us in Egypt, since He has guided us in the wilderness and since provided for us, Our God would not have brought us this far to kill us. God must have something mighty in store! Caleb had that kind of vision. I like what The Message says about Caleb:

"But my servant Caleb — this is a different story. He has a different spirit; he follows me passionately. I'll bring him into the land that he scouted and his children will inherit it." Numbers 14:24 THE MESSAGE



Lord, I am presently in that place where I can't see what is ahead. I don't want to be guilty of complaining about my current circumstances. Help me to see that since You have been faithful in Your word, since You have been faithful in the lives of others around me, since You have been faithful in my past, that I will have a "different spirit and follow you passionately." You have something mighty in store!

--michele

2 comments:

  1. I'm praying for you and your husband today!
    Love,
    Angie xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. "that place where I can't see what is ahead" is a scary place. I am praying for you and your husband this morning for his healing, for strength and for His peace. Love, Annette

    ReplyDelete