Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Leviticus 26 - 27

"I'll set up my residence in your neighborhood; I won't avoid or shun you; I'll stroll through your streets. I'll be your God; you'll be my people. I am God, your personal God who rescued you from Egypt so that you would no longer be slaves to the Egyptians. I ripped off the harness of your slavery so that you can move about freely." Leviticus 26: 11-13 The Message

In my first blog, I wrote that I had not read the entire Bible through from cover to cover. I have read a lot of the Bible but not in its entirety. Leviticus is one of the books that I have read very little. It was tedious at times. Some random thoughts that I had as we finished the "third" love letter is:


  • God is a holy God. I have been convicted that we (I) too often approach God casually. I have an ongoing struggle in my heart regarding this. Personally I don't want to treat God as common and ordinary. I question how we as a church, the Bride of Christ, are to approach God in our corporate worship and study of His word. I question what to do with the messages God is laying on my heart. I know I have to work on my own short comings in this area but what about the church as a whole?

  • I liked the above verse that says, "I am God, your personal God." I am frequently amazed that the KING of all kings and LORD of all lords, desires to fellowship and have a personal relationship with me. I was watching a gold finch outside my office window this morning flit and float from branch to branch and was reminded that God knows when a "sparrow falls" so how much more He cares for you and for me! Wow!

  • I thought about my father this morning. Today would have been his birthday. I have missed him greatly in the last couple of years wishing he were here so I could talk with him about the struggles that I have been experiencing and get his wisdom and insight. The Holy Spirit nudged me that God alone is enough. It is okay to miss my dad, but the Lord hears me and has all wisdom to meet my needs. God is a personal God. Sometimes it is hard that the Lord is not present with us in a physical body. He left us the Holy Spirit to dwell within us. I guess it is a struggle I'll continue to have on this earthly side. Sometimes I just need a real hug.

Lord, thank You for Your love letters to us. Open my eyes and heart as I continue to read Your personal message to us.


--michele

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Michele! First of all, I absolutely LOVE the name of your blog! I LOVE it! You must have read my 100 things to learn that my father also had multiple myeloma. It has been 5 years since he went to be with the Lord, and I have to tell you that I thought I was doing okay until I read your last sentence. "Sometimes I just need a real hug." It brought me to tears and I don't even know you! I'm SO glad to meet you. I wish I could give you a real hug right now! Thank you for stopping by at my blog and for leaving such a nice comment. I'm enjoying reading through with Bev and the girls. I'm so excited that you are doing it, too!
    Much love,
    Angie xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really sorry your dad isn't here to give you that hug. It's a strange feeling to remember they're not as close as the phone, or a short drive. That verse about His residing in our neighborhood spoke to me. Sure love reading your sweet heart's take on the readings. Love you, Annette

    ReplyDelete